Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sketches of Fishtown # 76, Eddie's Crab House


I have very fond memories of Eddie's Crab House. I was in and out of there a lot as a kid and even into my twenties. It was a real down-home neighborhood place. Inside, the joint had a similar aesthetic to an auto body shop, dim, blinky lights, cement floor. Come election time, I'd go vote there. Eddie's was very "Fishtown". I miss places like this in the neighborhood. I hope some of the new businesses that open keep this neighborhood aesthetic as opposed to a glossy, corporatized, big money feel. I'm disappointed with what has happened to Olde City. I am hoping that with all the new neighbors and change happening in Fishtown, we can work together to find balance and compromise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up at mercer and norris street, and I remember going to eddies to get crab fries when I was teenager, but when I was younger a small kid we use go in there alot