Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sketches of Fishtown, Volume 2 - Off to the Races...

After a few weeks of rolling back and forth on the wheelie chair from the drawing desk to the computer, I finally got the new book off to the printer. The picture on the cover is the crateball net that used to be on Fletcher Street between Gaul and Belgrade (behind the Starboard and McElvarr Funeral Home). Joannie's son Brandon came over on Sunday to help with the Photoshop colors on the cover.

Digby came over to keep me company and have a few beers while finishing the pages. It was weird because I am six issues ahead of the newspaper. There will be comics in the book that haven't been published yet. This is way different for me, because usually I am chasing my weekly deadline Monday night or Tuesday morning.

I'm getting kind of siked for the release party on March 27. If anyone wants advanced tickets, they can pick them up at the Spirit offices (Gaul and Susquehanna) or contact me: phillytoon@yahoo.com. Hope all are well. Think I'll fall out now. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............